(Weds 11am – 5pm)
The community larder is a membership scheme which enables individuals and households to have access to affordable and nutritious food, as well as reducing food waste. It is a great way to save money on your food bill as well as having an important community ethos
A monthly membership fee enables you to choose up to 10 (individual) or 20 (family) items from those available, plus additional free items of fruit and veg.
PLEASE NOTE: Whilst SOFEA supplies the food, at The Berin Centre we have to pay to host and staff this service. We are a separate charity and rely on our own fundraising. If you are able to donate to us, please do so below.
To become a member of the Community Larder you need to register at www.sofea.uk.com
There is no means testing involved and the larder is open to anyone who wants to join, as long as you live locally.
We ask that everyone help us by keeping to the following rules to keep us all safe, and keep the service going:
- Do not come if you are unwell, particularly if you have any of the following symptoms
- A fever
- A new continuous cough
- Shortness of breath
- Please leave your children at home. Keep them safe.
- Only one individual to collect food per family.
- Please respect social distancing measures in place
- Avoid coming within two metres of anyone else.