English & Maths
Why is it so Important?
GCSE grades 4/5 in English and Maths are gateway qualifications that will allow you to study level 3 qualifications (e.g. A Levels/Advanced Apprenticeships). If you have passed level 1 you can apply for an intermediate level apprenticeship or a college foundation course, where you will be supported to achieve level 2 English and Maths alongside your vocational choices.
- Speaking & Listening – For Excellent Customer Service
- Speaking to Communicate – Essential for all jobs
- Reading & Understanding – For safety instructions or gathering new knowledge
- Writing to Communicate – Correct grammar and spelling make a good impressio
- Solve problems using your skills & initiative
- Estimating – Costs of materials
- Time management – Getting to work on time, and getting things done for the deadline
- Handling & Interpreting Data
- Measuring – Essential for construction, science, technology, design.