Berinsfield Village Fete3rd August
Oxfordshire Play Association Play & Activity Day
Community Larder (Weds 11am – 4.00pm)
The community larder is a membership scheme which enables individuals and households to have access to affordable and nutritious food, as well as reducing food waste. It’s a great way to save money on your food bill as well as having an important community ethos.
A monthly membership fee enables you to choose 10 (individual) or 20 (family) items from those available, plus additional free items of fruit and veg.
The produce changes weekly so there’s always something new to try. There’s usually a selection of staple dry foods such as eggs, bread, pasta, rice, biscuits, tinned foods, soft drinks, fruit, vegetables and much more.
PLEASE NOTE: Whilst SOFEA supplies the food, at The Berin Centre we have to pay to host and staff this service. We are a separate charity and rely on our own fundraising. If you are able to donate to us, please do so below.
To sign up to become a member please register online at www.sofea.uk.com as well as food, the membership provides local business discounts, access to utility discounts and information on healthy eating.
Membership costs £3.50 for an individual, £7.00 for a family, there is also a £10 joining fee.
There is no means testing involved and the larder is open to anyone who wants to join, as long as you live locally.
As restrictions ease we have been able to invite members into the centre to select their own items. Members each choose a time period to attend to ensure we are able to safely social distance. Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance and masks/face coverings are mandatory throughout the building. We aim to keep everyone safe and appreciate your cooperation with us.
Craft Club – Suspended Due to COVID-19
Our small local group meets fortnightly over a cuppa to knit, natter and sew. The focus of the group is to make items for those in need and we make a range of items for local and international charities. This includes:
- “Teddies for Tragedy” (as pictured) which are for refugee children. Each child gets a teddy in a bag, in which they can keep their possessions;
- “Twiddlemuffs” for a local dementia expert to help calm those with dementia;
- “Fish ‘n Chip jumpers and bonnets” for babies in Africa who are wrapped in chip paper at birth to keep them warm when nothing else is available
- Hats for premature babies, with colour coded pom-poms to distinguish their extent of need
- Octopuses to comfort premature babies (as the tentacles remind them of their mother’s umbilical cord)
- Fisherman’s Hats for the RNLI for when they rescue people from the water
- Neo-natal bonding squares
- Along with the usual bobble hats, blankets and more!
Come and join us if you are an experienced crafter, or a complete beginner and would like to learn how to knit or sew. Please contact The Berin Centre to find out when we are next on.
Riverside Counselling Service – Telephone Support Only
Riverside Counselling Service is a charity, established in 1989, that provides affordable BACP accredited counselling and psychotherapy to adults and young people who live in Henley-on-Thames, Wallingford, Berinsfield, Didcot and the surrounding areas. They offer a general service to adults and “The Space” a specialist service for young people.
To book an appointment please contact Riverside Counselling Service.
In person appointments at the Berin Centre will resume in July. Telephone support is still available. Contact Riverside Counselling Service for details.