Craft Club – Weds (Fortnightly)
Our small local group meets fortnightly over a cuppa to knit, natter and sew. The focus of the group is to make items for those in need and we make a range of items for local and international charities. This includes:
- “Teddies for Tragedy” (as pictured) which are for refugee children. Each child gets a teddy in a bag, in which they can keep their possessions;
- “Twiddlemuffs” for a local dementia expert to help calm those with dementia;
- “Fish ‘n Chip jumpers and bonnets” for babies in Africa who are wrapped in chip paper at birth to keep them warm when nothing else is available
- Hats for premature babies, with colour coded pom-poms to distinguish their extent of need
- Octopuses to comfort premature babies (as the tentacles remind them of their mother’s umbilical cord)
- Fisherman’s Hats for the RNLI for when they rescue people from the water
- Neo-natal bonding squares
- Along with the usual bobble hats, blankets and more!
Come and join us if you are an experienced crafter, or a complete beginner and would like to learn how to knit or sew. Please contact The Berin Centre to find out when we are next on.
Riverside Counselling Service – Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Riverside Counselling Service is a charity, established in 1989, that provides affordable BACP accredited counselling and psychotherapy to adults and young people who live in Henley-on-Thames, Wallingford, Berinsfield, Didcot and the surrounding areas. They offer a general service to adults and “The Space” a specialist service for young people.
To book an appointment please contact Riverside Counselling Service.